Puppet Training for Devops and System Administrators
- Introduction to Puppet
- Installing and Configuring the Puppet Master
- Installing and Configuring the Puppet Agent
- Creating Manifests
- Creating and Using Modules
- Creating File Templates
- Configuring Hiera
- Windows Configuration Management
- Version Control
Training - http://bit.ly/scmgalaxy-training
Calender - http://bit.ly/scmgalaxy-calender
Location - Bangalore, Hydrabad, Pune, Mumbai, Delhi, USA, Australia, Canada
- Introduction To Configuration Management
- About The Author
- Why Puppet?
- How To Access Your Working Files
The Puppet Infrastructure
- uppet Agents
- Puppet Masters
- MCollective And Systems Orchestration
- Cross Platform Puppet
The Puppet Run Cycle
- Introduction To Puppet Run Cycle
- Gathering System Facts
- Node Matching And Catalogue Compilation
The Puppet Language - A Basic Primer
- Puppet Resources - How To Define System Resources
- Applying A Simple Puppet Manifest
- Puppet Types
- The Package File Service Patter
- Applying Conditional Logic In Puppe
- Fact Conditionals - Choosing A Course Of Action
Organizing A Puppet Environment
- Defining Nodes
- Puppet Modules - Reusable Code
- Forge Modules - Where To Find Reusable Code
- Provisioning A Web Server
- Class Parameters - Applying Variables
- Hiera Parameters - Defining Variables
- Executing Modules Against A Puppet Master With An Agent
- Reporting With Puppet
- MCollective And Live Management
- MCollective With Puppet
- Using MCollective To Interact With Services
- Using MCollective To Interact With Puppet
- Managing Modules With Librarian-Puppet
- Managing Directory Environments And Modules With R10K
- External Node Classifiers And Reporting With Puppet Dashboard - Part 1
- External Node Classifiers And Reporting With Puppet Dashboard - Part 2
- Wrap-Up And Further Resources
scmGalaxy online platform is a community initiatives based on Software configuration management and DevOps that helps members and organizations to optimize their software development process, advocating agile methodologies and improve productivity across all aspects of Application lifecycle management. We provide consulting, training and mentoring services in agile development practices such as Source Code Management, Continuous Integration, Build management, Test-Driven development, Acceptance-Test driven development, Build automation, code quality practices and automated testing and continuous delivery.
We provide job oriented training in the area of Software Configuration management, Build and Release Engineering and DevOps domain . Candidates with engineering or software background and looking to either start or change their career to Build and Release Engineering, would benefit most from this training. This course offered online around the globe which include India, USA, Europe, Australia, Bangalore, Delhi, Pune, Mumbai, Chennai and Hydrabad. Instructor is an expert in Software configuration management, Build and release engineering and DevOps with more than 10 years industry experience in India.
To bring your team up to speed with agile development, We can also run the from Continuous Integration to Continuous Delivery with automated course within your premises.
This course is an intensive 1-day & 2-day workshop with a mixture of teaching and lab exercises. Currently, this course is offered exclusively as an on-line course. Please contact us for more details.
This is a hands-on, practical course designed to teach specialized skills for real-world development situations. It is thus primarily aimed at a SCM Engineer, Build/Release Engineer, DevOps engineer and developer and QA audience.
The course is modular and flexible - depending on specific student needs and requests. Through our trainings, you benefit from the wide experience and architectural expertise of our team. We bring that experience to you in an highly interactive, intensely hands-on setting.
We assume participants have a reasonable understanding of Development in any language as well as a basic understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
All our courses are above all practical in nature. We believe that the best way to learn is by doing. So the course contains approximately 80% lab work.
Each registrant will receive a copy of the student notes and lab solutions, a certificate of completion, and a CD containing all the tools covered in the course and CD containing all the tools covered in the course.