rajeshkumar created the topic: Make your pendrive bootable
Make your pendrive bootable
if you can not boot from the DVD/CD-ROM drive, but can boot using USB device such as a USB pen drive, the following alternative method can be used to boot Linux.
1. Check the name of your pen drive by issuing the following command:
# fdisk -1
This will show the pen drive’s name and size, e,g – /dev/sdb
2. Copy the file name diskboot.img for redhat installation dvd to root of the USB disk.
3. Take a back up of the data on the pen drive, and then execute the following command:
# dd if=/root/diskboot.img of=/dev/sdb
4. In the BIOS, set the first Boot device a USB Device,
Twitt me @ twitter.com/RajeshKumarIn
- Use of runtime variables to save into another variable using register in Ansible - September 6, 2018
- Ansible & Ansible Tower Variable Precedence Hierarchy - September 6, 2018
- How to use template in Ansible? - September 6, 2018