- Reusability of code.
- Easy code readability.
- It Enables both web designers and coders to work with html and js files.
- With these small js files, you can use Google closure or YUI Compressor or other minifying tools to reduce the size and make it not readable by humans .
- Code can be downloaded using the url of the js file. This can help coders to steal your code easily.
- If two js files are dependent on one another, then a failure in one file may affect the execution of the other dependent file.
- A small change to a common js file may cause unexpected results in some of the HTML files .
- The browser has to make an extra http request to get the js code.