What is Grafana?
Grafana is multi-platform open-source analytics and interactive visualization internet application. It provides charts, graphs, and alerts for the online once connected to supported knowledge sources.
Why is Grafana important?
Grafana shows groups and corporations what their users very do, not simply what they are saying they are doing. These square measures are called discovered behaviors, and they are extremely telling. Users aren’t terribly adept at predicting their own futures and having analytics permits technical school groups to dig deeper than human-error-prone surveys and watching.
How does Grafana work?
A Grafana dashboard supports multiple panels in a passing single grid, you may visualize results from multiple data sources at an equivalent time. It’s a strong open source analytical and visual image tool that consists of multiple individual panels organized in an exceeding grid.
Benefits of Grafana:
- Grafana Cloud Traces.
- Grafana Cloud Metrics.
- Superfast Prometheus- and Grefait- compatible backend.
- Grafana Cloud Dashboards. Dedicated Grafana front-end with enhanced reporting, security, management, and more.
- Grafana Cloud Logs. Based on Grafana Loki, extreme scale, efficiency, and speed.
Where is Grafana used?
Companies use Grafana to observe their infrastructure and log analytics, preponderantly to enhance their operational potency. Dashboards build trailing users and events straightforward as a result of it automates the gathering, management, and viewing of knowledge.
What features does Grafana provide?
The tools that groups really used to uncover insights vary from organization to organization. The following area unit the foremost common (and useful) choices they might expect of data analytics/the visual image tools like Grafana.
Common Grafana features:
- Visualize: Grafana has a plethora of visualization options to help you understand your data from graphs to histograms, you have it all.
- Alerts: Grafana lets you define thresholds visually, and get notified via Slack, PagerDuty, and more
- Unify: You can bring your data together to get better context. Grafana supports dozens of databases, natively.
- Open-Source: It’s completely open-source. You can use Grafana Cloud, or easily install it on any platform.
- Explore Logs: Using label filters you can quickly filter and search through the laundry list of logs.
- Display dashboards: Visualize data with templated or custom reports. Create and share reports.
- Create and Share reports: Create and share reports with your customers and stakeholders. This feature is not available in the open-source version.
Why do companies use Grafana?
Companies use Grafana to watch their infrastructure and log analytics, preponderantly to boost their operational potency. Dashboards build chase users and events straightforward as a result of it automates the gathering, management, and viewing of knowledge. Product leaders, security analysts, and developers use this knowledge to guide their selections. Studies show that corporations that consider information analytics and mental image tools like the Grafana the area unit are way more profitable than their peers.
- Explore metrics and logs
- Build dashboards
- Annotate dashboards
- Set up alerts
Centralize the analysis, visualization, and alerting for all of your data with Grafana. Install, administer, and maintain your own instance
Grafana requires a database to store its configuration data, such as users, data sources, and dashboards…
- Supported databases
Grafana permits groups across Stack Overflow to quickly and simply build the custom self-service dashboards for what is vital to them, regardless of wherever the info lives or that info it’s holding on to.
If you want to learn relating to this course, I would suggest you visit DevOpsSchool.com.