These days there are various kinds of tools used by professionals in Software industry. From CI tools to Virtualization, to Issues, bug tracking tools to various others tools, the lists goes on and on. Thus, it’s really a tough task for them to select best tools as per their needs. So, today I am going to help System Administrators and operations by providing them the lists of top log monitoring tools.
But before that lets see, what is log monitoring ?
Log monitoring is a process of monitoring and understanding the state of the system, server, network, security devices and different applications and how they are working. Actually when these servers and different applications runs, they generate log files and events like Errors, problems, and more information is constantly logged and saved for analysis as text or binary files in the system. System admin keep reviewing these log files on daily basis so they can understand the condition and functioning of systems and different applications. But reviewing all those log files on daily basis is not an easy task, to do this laborious task log monitor needs to be set on those logs which automatically
monitor, review, analyze and generate reports as per the instructions set by System Admin.
As you saw how helpful this is for system admin but to find a good tool for this process is not an easy task. So, without wasting any time let’s check out the top 5 monitoring tools.
- Extended functionality via plugins.
- Free and open source.
- Filters are code.
- Great integration with other Elastic products.
- Handles up to 50,000 messages per second at peak time
- Data filtering and alerting
- Apache 2.0 License project
- Simplify and scale data pipeline management with tags
- More than 200 community-contributed plugins
- Real-time monitoring and alerts system
- Store data in multiple systems
- Collect and correlate web server access logs and application error logs
- Text-based logs from any source
- Custom source groups
- Point-and-click trending graphs
- Automated filters and event parsing
- Full-system RESTful API to integrate with other applications
- Unlimited saved searches and users
- Adaptable interface with multiple views, pages and workspaces
- Unlimited custom dashboards based on any search
- Built-in customizable alerts with triggers
- Leverages Java, Scala and ElasticSearch technologies
- Central syslog monitoring
- Interactive API browser
- Application debugging
- Exception monitoring
- API analytics
- Intuitive search interface
- Comprehensive dashboard
- Works with Hadoop & NoSQL
- Setup standard searches as real-time alerts
- Trigger automatic responses
- Scale from a single server to multiple data centers
- Deployable to on premise sites, hybrid-cloud, and/or private and public cloud based infrastructures
- Securely make data available
- Supports various use cases including log consolidation/retention, security, compliance reporting, and more
- Perform ad hoc queries
So, this is the list my top log monitoring tools, I hope you find this useful and if not than feel free to share your thoughts in comment section below.
Latest posts by scmgalaxy K (see all)
- Use of runtime variables to save into another variable using register in Ansible - September 6, 2018
- Ansible & Ansible Tower Variable Precedence Hierarchy - September 6, 2018
- How to use template in Ansible? - September 6, 2018