- Cloudflare Server
- Apache: The most popular web server is Apache HTTP Server, which is used by 34.1% of websites in 2021. The BuiltWith Internet services corporation has 62,624,313 live websites that use Apache.
2. Nginx: Is the second most prominent server, accounting for 33.7% of all active websites in 2021. The web server is distributed under a BSD-style license.
3. Cloudflare Server: Supports web protocols, including SPDY and HTTP/2 and acts as a reverse proxy for web traffic. It is getting more and more popular over years with 18% in 2021.
4. LiteSpeed: Uses the same configuration format as Apache HTTP Server and is compatible with most Apache features. An open source variant is also available. As of April 2020, LSWS was used by 47.6% of websites using HTTP/3. It also sees an increasing trend and takes 18% of the total web server usage.
5. Microsoft-IIS: Supports HTTP, HTTP/2, HTTPS, FTP, FTPS, SMTP and NNTP. It took by about 7% of the total web servers in 2021.
What means web server?
- A Web server is a program that generates and transmits responses to client requests for Web resources.
- A Web server is a program to satisfy client requests for web resources.
What are Web servers examples?
Web servers examples are: Apache web server, IIS, NGINX, Tomcat, PWS.
What are the different types of Web servers?
The most prominent types of Web Servers available in the markets are:
- Apache HTTP Server Web Server
- Internet Information Services (IIS) Web Server
- Lighttpd Web Server
- Sun Java System Web Server
- Jigsaw Server Web Server
- LiteSpeed server Web Server
- Node.js Web Server
What are the functions of Web server?
- Read any data sent by the user.
- Look up any other information about the request that is embedded in the HTTP request.
- Process the request.
- Generate the result.
- Format the result inside a document.
- Set the appropriate HTTP response parameters.
- Send the document back to the client as HTML file.