Bootstrap embeds is a utility that helps you insert video or slideshow in the page keeping width of the parent and scales on any device.
Bootstrap utility display changes the value of the property with our responsive display utility classes. We purposely support only a subset of all possible values for display. Classes can be combined for various effects as you need.
|Hidden an element||.d-none|
|Hides an element on a specific screen size||.d-*-none|
|Hidden only on xs||.d-none .d-sm-block|
|Hidden only on sm||.d-sm-none .d-md-block|
|Hidden only on md||.d-md-none .d-lg-block|
|Hidden only on lg||.d-lg-none .d-xl-block|
|An element inline||.d-inline|
|An element inline on a specific screen size||.d-*-inline|
|An element inline-block||.d-inline-block|
|An element inline-block on a specific screen size||.d-*-inline-block|
|An Element display as a table||.d-table|
|An element display as a table on a specific screen size||.d-*-table|
|An element display as a table cell||.d-table-cell|
|An element display as a table cell on a specific screen size||.d-*-table-cell|
|An element display as a table row||.d-table-row|
|An element display as a table row on a specific screen size||.d-*-table-row|
|Creates a flexbox container and transforms direct children into flex items||.d-flex|
|Creates a flexbox container on a specific screen size||.d-*-flex|
|Creates an inline flexbox container||.d-inline-flex|
|Creates an inline flexbox container on a specific screen size||.d-*-inline-flex|
<div class="container mt-4"> <h2>Display Inline Block</h2> <p>Use the d-inline-block class.</p> <div class="d-inline-block">Inline block DIV.</div> <div class="d-inline-block">Inline block DIV.</div> </div>
Bootstrap “spinners” is used to display the loading state in your projects.
How can a spinner be:-
- Colored Spinners by using <div class=”spinner-border text-primary”></div>.
- Growing Spinners by using <div class=”spinner-grow text-danger”></div>.
- Spinner Size by using <div class=”spinner-border spinner-border-sm”></div>.
- Spinner Buttons by using inside button tag <span class=”spinner-border spinner-border-sm”></span>.
Progress Bar in Bootstrap 4 is mainly used to indicate to the user, how much progress of the process is done. progress bars featuring support for stacked bars, animated backgrounds, and text labels. Use utility classes for the background (bg-success, bg- info, bg-light, bg-dark, bg-danger, bg-warning) for creating a progress bar with a different color.
Where to use Progress Bar:-
- Progress Bar With Label by placing text within the .progress-bar.
- Progress Bar With Height.
- Colored Progress Bar by using .progress-bar-sucess|info|warning|danger.
- Striped Progress Bar by using .progress-bar-striped class.
- Animated Progress Bar by using .active class.
- Stacked Progress Bars by using <div class=”progress”>.
Pagination is a component in bootstrap that is used to enable navigation between pages in a website. It is a method of dividing web content into discrete pages, thus presenting content in a limited and digestible manner.
- Working with icons by using class=sr-only (previous/next) utility.
- Disabled and active states by using class=disable/active to indicate the current page.
- Sizing by using .pagination-lg|sm for additional sizes.
- Alignment by .justify-content-center|end.
- Breadcrumbs by using .breadcrumb and .breadcrumb-item classes.
The navbar is one of the prominent features of Bootstrap sites. A navigation bar is a navigation header that is placed at the top of the page. the navigation bar can extend or collapse, depending on the screen size. A standard navigation bar is created with the .navbar class.
Format of nav bar:-
- Vertical Navbar by using class=”navbar-nav”.
- Centered Navbar by using .justify-content-center class to center the navigation bar.
- Colored Navbar by using any of the .bg-color classes to change the background color of navbar.
- Brand/Logo by using .navbar-brand class is used to highlight the brand/logo/project name of your page.
- Collapsing The navbar To create a collapsible navigation bar, use a button with class=”navbar-toggler”, data-toggle=”collapse” and data-target=”#thetarget”.
- Navbar With Dropdown.
- Navbar Froms and Buttons Add a <form> element with class=”form-inline” to group inputs and buttons side-by-side.
- Nevbar Text use .navbar-text class to vertically align any elements inside the navbar that are not links.
- Fixed Navbar by using .fixed-top or .fixed-bottom class to make the navbar fixed.
- Sticky navbar use the .sticky-top class to make the navbar fixed/stay at the thop of the page.
A modal window creates a mode that disables the main window but keeps it visible, with the modal window as a child window in front of it. … Users must interact with the modal window before they can return to the parent application. This avoids interrupting the workflow on the main window.
Simply define the Modal component as a dialog box/popup window that is displayed on top of the current page.
- .fade class for add animation.
- Model Size like model-sm, model-lg, model-xl.
- Centered Model .model-dialog-centered class.
- Scrolling Model use by adding .model-dialog-scrollable to .model-dialog in class.
Bootstrap provides an easy way to align media objects (like images or videos) together with content. Media objects are often used to display blog comments, tweets, and so on.
- Basic media Object :- class=media class to a container element and place media content inside a child container with class=media-body.
- Nested Media Object :- Media object can also be nested(media object inside media).
- Right-Aligned Media Image :- to right-aligned media image class=media-body.
- Top, Middle or Bottom Alignment :- Use the flex utilities, class=align-self-(start/center/end) classes to place the media object on the top, middle or at the bottom.
List groups are a flexible and powerful component for displaying a series of content.
- Basic items simply making for list.
- Active items used for showing it’s an active mode.
- Disabled items used for just reading that message.
- Links and buttons are used to create actionable list group items with hover.
- Flush / Remove Borders are used to remove some borders and rounded corners to render list group items edge-to-edge in a parent container (card).
- Horizontal to change the layout of list group items from vertical to horizontal across all breakpoints.
- Contextual classes to style list items with a stateful backgrond and color.
- With badges to show unread counts, activity .
- Custom content by the help of flexbox utilities.
A jumbotron indicates a big box for calling extra attention to some special content or information. A jumbotron is displayed as a grey box with rounded corners. It also enlarges the font sizes of the text inside it. Tip: Inside a jumbotron, you can put nearly any valid HTML, including other Bootstrap elements/classes. class jumbotron and class jumbotron-fluid are used.