In the world of web development, things are constantly changing. On the other hand, developers have to keep pace with the changing technologies, while businesses look for efficient technologies that help them engage with customers efficiently.
One technology making major waves in the web development field is Laravel. The framework is a hit among web artisans because of its accessibility, power, and other add-on tools to build robust applications. Using the agile development approach, Laravel builds the entire development process without sacrificing functionality.
What is Laravel?
Laravel is a free, open-source PHP-based Web Framework for building High-End Web Applications, following the Model View Controller architectural pattern and based on Symfony. It is created by Taylor Otwell. Laravel is a powerful MVC PHP framework designed for developers who need a simple and elegant toolkit to build full-featured web applications.
What is Laravel Developer?
Laravel Developer is a software professional specializing in the Laravel framework. Now that Laravel technology includes a wide range of tools and libraries that speed up the development cycle, a Laravel developer can focus on design, innovation, functionality, and other things that really matter.
Prerequisities of a Laravel Developer:
- Bachelor’s Degree/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or similar relevant field.
- Demonstrated attention to detail – in-depth knowledge of object-oriented PHP and Laravel 5 PHP Framework.
- Experienced with SQL schema design, SOLID principles, REST API design
- Software testing (PHPUnit, PHPSpec, Behat).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working on Laravel won’t be easy so he has to be a creative thinker and a problem-solver.
Skills Required to Become an Laravel Developer:
It is fundamental to know PHP: Larvel is a PHP web framework and therefore must be well aware of PHP before placing his hand on the development process. Although it is built on the MVC pattern, its building blocks are PHP functions.
Clarity on the MVC pattern: Larvel is a PHP web framework and therefore must be well aware of PHP before placing his hand on the development process. Although it is built on the MVC pattern, its building blocks are PHP functions.
Why is Laravel the Best PHP Framework?
Because of the dire need for structured development methodologies. Laravel is a PHP framework that has become the go-to solution for developers around the world. It hosts a large ecosystem that allows for instant hosting and system deployment.
In the corporate space, Laravel web development fundamentals have been extensively used to build websites that are capable of running behind complex algorithms and handling multiple visitors at once.
Here are the some few reasons:
- Security: One of the biggest headaches for programmers is building secure websites and apps. Laravel web development uniquely provides developers with a secure way to maintain the security of their apps.
- MVC Support: Another major reason why Laravel is beloved among developers is that it supports MVC architectures like Symfony which helps in establishing clarity between logic and presentation. As a result, the app is able to perform better and allows for better documentation.
- Object-Oriented Libraries: Larvel Framework provides an object-oriented library and comes with an array of pre-installed versions of which are not found in other PHP frameworks.
- Database Migration: Data between development between the machines is a major pain point for the synchronization programmers. After long working hours and countless changes in our database, these changes can be very hard to save your database. But with Laravel, database migration is very simple, you store these changes, migration, and seeds.
What does a Laravel Developer do?
The world of software technology has given rise to a community of developers who specialize in various technologies.
A Laravel developer is like any other software developer. But, one thing that sets them apart is their special affinity for the Laravel framework using the PHP programming language. Larvel developers make it possible to create highly functional web applications that enhance the user experience.
Roles and Responsibility of Laravel Developer:
- Building and maintaining modern web applications using standard web development tools
- Writing clean and secure modular codes that have undergone strict testing and evaluation
- Debugging and resolving technical issues
- Maintaining and designing databases
- Performing back-end and User Interface (UI) tests to enhance the functionality of an application
- Collaborating with other developers (front-end, back-end, mobile app, etc.) and project managers to move the Software projects faster
- Documenting the task progress, architecture, and development process
The current PHP version is one of the most popular and desirable frameworks for companies that want to hire a Laravel developer, so if you’re well versed with the current version, your fellow developers will have your say. PHP includes over-the-top benefits and many other features that every software developer dreams of. It has libraries and modules which makes dynamic development a snap, plus saves development cost.
Features of Laravel:
The Future Scope of Laravel Developers:
Before saying anything about the future, I would like to mention here some MNCs which are using PHP today. Google, Yahoo, Rediff, Facebook, Intel, Digg, Flickr, Zynga, Borland, eBay, Nokia, Oracle, etc. I am telling you only one thing that there are a lot of small and popular online web applications based on PHP which is running online and they are all managed and addons by PHP developers. This means you have lots of opportunities to work with your dream companies.
Some of the most frequent designations include Laravel Trainee, Programmer, Web Developer, Web Designer, Software Developer. So, you see the future is bright!
To start with Laravel, check out the DevOpsSchool course. You’ll learn basic structures and techniques and dive into advanced Laravel concepts such as Views & Blade Templating Engine, Working with Routes, Handling Requests & Responses, Using Controllers and Models. You’ll even also join our Online and Classroom Programs.